STARCH (PARTIALLY PREGELATINISED) AND SUPERDISINTEGRANTS FROM DFE PHARMA NOW AVAILABLE EX STOCK!!
Together with our principal DFE Pharma, we are expanding our range of pharmaceutical excipients for Oral Solid Dosage Forms.
SuperStarch® 200 - Partly pregelatinised maize starch
- Mixture of native and pregelatinised maize starch => good compactibility and disintegration
- Performs multiple functions: binder, disintegrant, lubricant and flow-aid
- Low water activity; suitable for use with water-sensitive actives
- Conforms to all tests in major pharmacopoeias
- Application: DC, wet granulation and capsule formulations
Read more on Superstarch® 200 here
Superdisintegrants provide shorter disintegration times at lower dosages, and therefore have less impact on other tablet properties such as tablet strength and hardness.
Primojel® - Sodium starch glycolate
- Cross-linked and carboxy-methylated potato starch
- High swelling power: takes up more than 20 times its own weight of water
- Rapid water penetration into the tablets and powerful swelling results in rapid disintegration.
- Application: tablet and capsule formulations. In higher concentrations, Primojel® can act as a dissolution enhancing agent. Primojel® is effective when used as intra-granular or extra-granular super- disintegrant, or when divided between these locations.
Primellose® – Croscarmellose sodium
- Primellose® is cross-linked carboxymethylcellulose sodium
- Rapid water penetration (wicking) into tablets through the hydrophilic, fibrous particles leads to swelling of fibres and strong disintegration force
- Superior performance compared with many other brands
- Effective alternative to crospovidone, or where non-starch ingredients are required
- Application: tablet and capsule formulations. Primellose® is effective when used as intra-granular or extra-granular superdisintegrant, or when divided between these locations.
Read more on Primojel® and Primellose® here!